Easy Quarantine Recipes You Need to Try During Snacktime
Posted on: Aug 31, 2020
Publish By: funerallink
Something about being locked inside our homes makes us all feel bored, hungry and full of angst. It’s only natural for people to search for human interaction. After all, human beings are social creatures. If you find yourself filling this need with watching TV, making Tiktok videos or playing video games, then quarantine becomes a lot easier.
As much as you’d like to munch on favorite fast-food items or call the delivery for some snacks, be careful as too much of this junk food makes you sick. To make your quarantine period more exciting and healthier, we compiled several snack recipes to replace your fast-food constants.
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars
Satisfy your cravings for sweetness without the burden of preservatives and sugar with this finger bars! Here’s the recipe for this sweet madness.
- 1 teaspoon of ground chia seeds
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- ¼ cup of water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of white whole-wheat flour
- ¼ cup of softened butter
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/3 cup of granulated sugar
- ¾ cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- In a bowl, combine the ground chia seeds and water for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line the pan with a parchment paper.
- Process ½ cup of oats in the food processor until it is finely ground. Then, add the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda until it is thoroughly combined.
- Using a large bowl, beat the sugar and butter with a mixer. Do this until the consistency of the mixture clings to the sides of the bowl. Add in the vanilla and chia mixture. Then, pour in the remaining oats and flour until it is well-mixed. Spread the dough into the baking pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Cool it and cut it into bars.
Chocolate and Peanut Crunchy-s
Peanut and chocolate go well with each other. So how about we make a snack that mixes these tasty ingredients in a cluster you can munch?
- 12-ounces of vanilla-flavored candy coating (chopped)
- 1 bag of chocolate pieces
- 3 cups of puffed corn cereal
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1 cup salted, dry roasted peanuts
- Using a large saucepan, mix in the chopped candy coating, peanut butter, and chocolate pieces. Heat and stir them until it is melted and smooth. Add in peanuts and cereals until it is coated.
- Line up two trays with waxed paper. Using a teaspoon, scoop cereal mixture and drop them on the trays. Let it chill for 15 minutes.
When it comes to creating these snacks, you must keep in mind that you can get creative with the ingredients. You can add, deduct some items or experiment with the process. Sticking with these home-cooked goodies make you more healthy and at the same time, discover a new hobby for food.